Pages

Friday, August 4, 2017

Meet Gigi Cappetta, Actress

Hollywood young starlet Gigi Cappetta just became the youngest nominee in the Best Actress category for the Imagen Awards in Beverly Hills August 18, 2017 in the same category as Salma Hayek and Eva Longoria. Learn more by following Gigi on Facebook and Instagram, and check out her page on IMDB.

1. How did you get started with acting?

My parents really struggled to find something that I enjoyed. They tried dance, cheerleading, soccer--you name it. It was when a teacher told my dad that I had been standing on a table in the classroom belting out Barry Manilow's "Copacabana" and other show tunes in elementary school that my parents then had a chat. Some little modeling then led to small acting roles that led to bigger roles and off we went!

2. What do you like best about acting, and what do you find most challenging about it?

I love it. I love every aspect of it. I know it sounds crazy, but it is literally my life. It's all I want to do. Challenges are moving, not staying in same place and friends--loss of friends, old friends and new friends; friendships are really hard to maintain in this lifestyle. Again, it's a choice that I choose to do, and no one is making me. So it all work out in finding other ways to keep busy and the right friendships will come along in time. The travel is fun, and getting to work with big stars and directors is just like living a dream.

3. Would you tell us a little bit about your Imagen Award nomination and the film you're nominated for?

My 2017 Imagen Award Nomination for Best Actress in a Feature Film came as a huge surprise. I mean, to be nominated alongside Salma Hayek and Eva Longoria and Edy Ganem, well, what 12 year-old wouldn't be over the moon! It's almost too much to take in. My mom thought it was a typo maybe when it was announced. We had a good laugh over that. But seriously, it's the biggest honor of my life.

4. I read that you're also a talented singer. What opportunities have you found so far to combine your acting and singing talents?

That's so sweet of you to say, thank you. I love singing, I was lead singer in School of Rock when I was in New York, and that was an incredible experience. Being surrounded by a band of kids all tweens, each one a super talented musician, coming together and making awesome music was one of the best experiences of my life.

5. What else would you like readers to know about you and your work?

That I appreciate every person who is joining me in my journey online and on social media and watching my films and TV series. I love this world of entertaining people, and I know I am luckier than words can say getting to do what I love.

Thanks, Gigi!

No comments:

Post a Comment